Blood clots in brain

Dear Dr. my father got a paralysis attack 3 year back, he is having 3-4 tinny blood clots in Brain, apart from this he facing kidney issue & arthritis, till the date he is been treated by many Doctors, two times he faced ventilation, he is on bed, seems to be like he is having paralysis effect on his tongue & mouth as a result while feeding, sometime he himself opens his mouth & sometime need to do so forcefully, we got treatment from number of hospitals but the final result is as i explained, sir please look into the matter & suggest what to do next, also kindly suggest for the hospitals that are equipped with blood clot removing technology if any. thank you very much.

Doctor Answers (1) on Blood clots in brain

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. I can understand your concern.. stroke or paralysis could be due to blood vessel block or bleeding in brain.. bleeding in brain is more common in people with high bp.. usually it needs to be evacuated immediately to prevent further brain damage but if it's small then it's left to get absorbed by medicines..paralysis takes time to recover.. each part of brain has nerve cells which supplies particular part of body, so in stroke depending on where bleeding occurred, paralysis occurs of those parts whose nerve cells have been injured in brain.. nerve cells take long time to recover.. physiotherapy will help get back movements faster.. tongue issue is also because of stroke only.. for the remaining blood clots which requires to be removed, consult neurosurgeon in aiims(Delhi)as it the 2nd best in neurocare in India, first being Nimhans..