Circular red itchy rashes
Red circular itchy rashes in the groin area since 5months. Been on a medication course prescribed by a dermatologist for a month and a half. Still on 4th week of weekly zocon 400 as prescribed for 8 weeks. Thr weren't any new lesions for the month I was continuing with medication though the marks from previous lesions did not fade away. Recently a few new lesions have reappeared and I'm so petrified if this is ever to go away.. Kindly help. P.S: I do maintain proper hygiene but yes the work out session leads to sweating.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to rampant usage of antifungals. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are coprescribed many a times to treat. If needed a simple skin test can also be done. Till then use only OTC anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes. The pigmentation after the treatment usually takes long time to resolve but it eventually does. Dr MK Agarwala