Chronic urticaria

Will hives ever go away? How long does it take to completely go away.i have been suffering from it from past 4 mnths and I'm under medication . There's a slight relief from medicines but nights are horrible for me . Swelling of eyes ,lips , hands are sometimes seen. Why is that? Even if I'm under medication y isn't it going away. I'm even avoiding the foods which my doc said to avoid. Such as cheese ,groundnut, berries , eggs etc. I have been eating them from my whole life and y is that i shd avoid now. Y is it to avoid that foods and I want to know what's the root cause fr my problem. Why hives occur? Is this hereditary? My doc suggested antihistamines and I'm using it and ain't finding them effective. I'm already having problems with my skin,hair irregular periods.i have used meftal spas tablet for pain in periods sometimes. And I have read that hives is the side effect of that tab. Is dat true? This is concerning me more . Could u pls explain why hives occur.

Doctor Answers (1) on Chronic urticaria

Greetings. That's rather a very long message filled with queries. I am afraid I may not be able to answer everything by typing it. But you need to understand that hives are immunologically medicated lesions in body. Triggers like medications taken chronically ( one or two dose monthly meftal won't cause month long urticaria), certain outside foods with artificial flavors, etc and importantly any acute or chronic infection may trigger urticaria.... Get evaluated by a qualified dermatologist near you. You may need some alternative  medications ... Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards.