Chronic pain in joints areas
Last few weeks, I'm having this pain in my joint areas like - under the knee, the elbows, the joints in my fingers, the ankle. It is more like a discomfort. All I feel like doing is jerk my legs or twist my ankle, but that doesn't seem to help. It becomes so unbearable that at times, I can't sleep at night. The only way I can stop it is if I can successfully divert my attention to something else. I am not sure if it's exactly in the joints or the surrounding area with ligaments or the muscles around it. I used to have this problem since the time I was a kid, but it had stopped - last couple of years, I didn't have to suffer from this. Now, it has come back. I would like to know what causes this? And how can I stop this once and for all?

You need to consult a physician or Rheumatologist to look for joint and muscle or some systemic diseases where multiple site pain can occur. There are few conditions where the problem may be related to your body structure or some immune system disturbances.
Find a good physician with joint/ muscle problem experience or a Rheumatologist( specialist in joint/ muscle or immune system diseases)
please consult in private chat option for proper guidance and help.this can be big issue if not tackled well.
U have described in your history that the pain vanishes if you divert your attention from pain.... if that's true than you are over focussing and overthinking about the pain..... consult a psychiatrist for better understanding of your problem