Chronic Constipation

I am suffering from chronic constipation from allmost 4 years now...It is getting worse day by day. Have tried all medications (Homeopathy, Aurvedic, Allopathic etc everything ) however there is no relief. Had to sit for 30-45 mints everyday in washroom still I dont feel complete evacuation. Have started developing lower spine pain. I think this is related to constipation only...I am not sure whether this is constipation or IBS as few docts said this is IBS and few said its constipation...God knows what exactly it is...Please suggest what needs to be done.

Doctor Answers (1) on Chronic Constipation

Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri Kolkata | General Physician
Chronic constipation may be because of less water intake, increased dairy product intake, some medications, lack of exercise, stress etc. Take plenty of water orally everyday and try to have a diet rich in fibers. Daily physical activity will help you. And for persistent problem you need to consult a Gastroenterologist, as you may need to rule out any underlying pathology. Colonoscopy or CT scan of whole abdomen may be required.