Cholestrol

I have total cholesterol of 249 ( which reduced from 264 in three years ). Triglycerides of 72 (which reduced from 103). Hdl 61 and non hdl 170. I want to bring total cholesterol to less than 200. I walk 4 times a week of approx 3-4 kms and also have a strict diet regime. Request help. age 29

Doctor Answers (4) on Cholestrol

Dr. Lalit Mohan Ambala | Ayurveda
Alone cholestrol 249 is not to worry chk ur liver function test. Initially in breakfaet start taking fresh fruits folowed by a glass of milk avoid fast food & high fat foods. Do this for a month & see ur cholesterol Level must come down
Don't look at cholesterol levels in isolation. Always look for liver health along with it. Get your LFT done. Anyway your HDL is so healthy that there is no need to worry. Stress also increases bad parameters of body, so relax.
Garlic is first home remedy for high cholesterol. 2 to 5 cloves of Garlic boil with water and milk till garlic cooks well , drink it with garlic cloves every day for 3 months. Then check Your Lipid profile. Garlic pearls are also available in pharmacies. You acn take that also.
Most of the times cholesterol is not tackled by exercise only and allopathy has no answer except medicine that has to be taken lifelong with a probability of side effects greater than the disease itself. Ayurveda has an extremely safe and sureshot method of effectively curing high cholesterol using herbs and natural plant products.