cardiologist-icon

Chikungunia and high BP

I have had Chikungunia for two months and besides muscle and joint pain, I have also had high BP all along. My meticulously kept records show that BP medication has had practically no effect on the BP figures. Last week on a chance discovery I observed that after two rather stiff pegs of social drinking over 3 hours, my BP measured at 80/120! Even after 10 minutes it was the same but returned to my average high of 95/145 within 24 hours. I tried the same 'treatment' on the next alternate night with the same positive results. Is it the 'neurological complication' of the disease that this site mentions? How can it be treated? It doesn't seem to be fading with time either. If it helps I can also vouch that along with high fever at the start, I experienced mild body sprain and stiffness of neck muscles, actually heard low rumble and saw wavy visual patterns, besides very mild visual disorientation. But those things are now cleared. Hazy focus of the eyes however has remained.

Doctor Answers (2) on Chikungunia and high BP

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | Cardiologist
Continue with the drugs
Consult at my clinic so that I can examine you clinically and guide you further
Dr Ashish Srivastava
General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
I have not been able to understand your question properly because of poor phrasing.
Also, the blood pressure "recordings' are perfectly fine for your age so i do believe that the "TREATMENT" is keeping your blood pressure under control.
Kindly do not try to play doctor yourself and consult a "Real Doctor " in person for further evaluation and management. 
Also, you should not be "Drinking".
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.