Chicken pox pits scars
Iam having chicken pox pitted scars on my forehead. Currently iam having micro dermabrasion therapy under specialised dermatologist but he said it will only make blackness of scars removed. For pits removal I need to undergo laser therapy. Is it really going to remove pits and really safe and how much time for recovery

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Yes laser therapy may be needed. It will improve scar but not totally eliminate it. Laser therapy is safe. You could also ask for treatments like scar punch excision if feasible. Use a good sunscreen to prevent re darkening of the pits. Hope this helps. Let me know if u need any further assistance in this regard. Dr Govind S Mittal