Chicken pox in pregnancy.

My sister is 8weeks pregnant n has chicken pot with rashes on her stomach n vaginal part.. Will it effect the baby??

Doctor Answers (2) on Chicken pox in pregnancy.

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Pregnancy is in its initial stages so there are only 1-2% of baby being infected. Drink plenty of water. Once pregnancy reaches 18th week, get an anomaly scan to detect any congenital defects in the baby. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further examination. My clinic offers varied gynecological treatments and services and ensures that you have a successful treatment. You can also share your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
Hi. The baby is at low risk since pregnancy is less than 20 weeks. She will develop immunity which will be passed on to baby. However there are 1-2% chances of baby being infected. Get a detailed anomaly scan done at 18 weeks to rule out congenital defects. Avoid contact with other people. Rest and hydrate.