Chicken Pox, Hepatitis B
My mother had acute hepatitis B condition 7 years back. Her Hbsag is normal. One of my family member got chicken pox. Is there a risk to my mother if she happens to get chicken pox? I am not sure whether my mom has got immunity towards chicken pox?

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...i can understand your concern. If your mother has had chicken pox before, then she can't get it again. The immunity which one individual develops when they get chicken pox first time is life long. But it is difficult to know if she had chicken pox earlier because many diseases can look similar to chicken pox. Kindly consult a general physician for further queries.