Chicken pox

Chicken pox scar and hole in my face its there for almost 16 years i want clear and bright face and please make this holes and scar to clear

Doctor Answers (1) on Chicken pox

Chicken pox scars need specific therapy once the active infection has settled. Most of them resolve without leaving marks and scars if appropriate therapy (Usually Aciclovir – an antiviral drug) was started in the golden period (within 3 days of having chicken pox). Many of them can still resolve spontaneously in a time frame of few weeks. The remaining stubborn ones need appropriate therapy based on the amount of scarring and pigmentation. Medications can help in achieving faster results or can reduce further worsening but lasers are must to improve the cosmetic appearance of already scarred and pigmented marks. If there is more of scarring, fractional CO2 lasers are needed and if there is more of pigmentation than Q switched Nd YAG laser is needed. Sometimes we need to combine both the lasers in sessions.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
You can consult me on Practo Direct for personal recommendations.