Central incisors missing

Hi, My upper central incisors are missing( accident 12 years back) and I am using an RPD since then. There is now just 11mm space for two teeth and very little bone for implants to be placed. An alternative suggested has been to orthodontically move the lateral incisors to the centre and use veneers. Please advise.

Doctor Answers (2) on Central incisors missing

You have been suggested a very good option of moving the lateral incisors. I have personally done in cases like this. And they were accepted at national conferences also. Nothing new. But remember- It's very Important that your orthodontist should plan everything meticulously. Go ahead good luck.
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Bone augmentation and implant placement would be appropriate. Since you mention of deficient space and bone, then better alternative would be to go a for a all ceramic bridge, provided there is enough space between upper and lower teeth. Lastly the orthodontic option given by you is also a feasability. But you need to undetstand that this process will also take time and since its in the esthetic zone, final and long-lasting result would be of prime concern.