Cant swallow anything

Hello Dr, Myself lata khatri and i am 29 yrs old. From last 3 months i am unable to swallow anything and i am having swallowing neck so i went to the drs they gave me too much antibiotics but none of them are working. Then at last a doctor said me to go for ultrasound and i have gone through that. My reports say that:-A focal lesion is right side of neck - ? parapharyngeal abscess. Suggested clinical correlation and CECT Scan of NECK for further evaluation. . After going through this report i have gone for CT SCAN and the report was totally different from Ultrasound over their it was mention that :- Cervical Lymph nodes Multiple small enhancing lymph nodes are seen at bilateral level II regions, largest one in right side measures about 10*7mm and the left side measures about 12*8mm. I want to know that is anything serious and how will i know that which report is correct. Thanks & Regards Lata Khatri

Dr. Varun Rai
Rhinologist 8 yrs exp Delhi
Hi. It seems that you have a severe neck infection. The ultrasound may have been done when the abscess was there which would have subsided on antibiotics and came out as lymph nodes on the CT. So both might be correct! However ultrasound is operator dependant and may be unreliable at times. Antibiotics seem the best course of action but the source of infection should be looked for. The most common ones are dental infections or tonsils in your age group. Kindly consult your nearest experienced ENT surgeon and/or dentist to further evaluate