Can't reply to people

Doctor I can't answer or talk to people as I do with my mother and some other close friends. I only feel free to talk without any hesitations with very less people . the problem is when I talk to people whom I don't feel free to talk with, I reply something foolish sometimes.. Which I think after the incident I don't feel good about myself and my personality. This behavior is like my father's .. That is why even I don't like him sometimes because it is he by whom this behavior came to me , and this is not something which one can change by himself because this is natural. My mother is opposite of him bold,strong and confident. How can I overcome this situation doctor. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (3) on Can't reply to people

Dr. Sonia Malhotra Pune | Psychiatrist
Dear young lady, You have some anxious and avoidance traits in your personality. It may be possible that your father also shares these traits with you, but every person is his own type. So, please don't blame him mentally for this situation. you are also correct in saying that it is tough to change your situation, but my dear friend, THE GOOD NEWS IS that you CAN change this situation.
You should get in touch with a psychiatrist or a psychologist who can take you up for a planned psychotherapy (cognitive behavior therapy). This will help you change the way you subconsciously see people and situations and will make you more free and amicable.
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Did ur father asked u or forced u to become like him????
Think before concluding and blaming others for which actually u r responsible! !!!
Good news is it is correctable at any age. All it requires is the discipline,  dedication and willingness of the person who wanted to change.
A Psychologist or a Counsellor would definitely help you to overcome this issue.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... I went through your query.... Looks like you have social phobia.... Social phobia is treatable and seeking professional support is the first step to recovery. There are two main types of effective treatments for social phobia; psychological treatments will generally be the first line of treatment. In some severe cases, medication can also be effective......