cardiologist-icon

Bypass s/Pace m/ Stunts

Is bypass surgery safe for a 65 years old lady? She is very weak. One doctor has suggested for pacemaker & thenafter stunts but other ones are saying bypass surgery is only wayout. Kindly suggest the better option & pros & cons. Thanks

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Noida

Send the ECG Echo Holter and CAG report so that I can guide you further Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Anand Nadkarni
Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon 18 yrs exp Pune

As far as age is concerned , My oldest patient was 86 when he underwent bypass. Today he is 89 plus and is regularly seen visiting the market to buy stuff and does so by walk! Whether Pace maker /stents or bypass cannot be commented about with out seeing the patient and angiography disc and holter reports. There are specific indications for both nothing is better than the  other.Meet a good doctor , ask him questions and proceed only if you are convinced