Burning sensation in feet
I am diabetic since 2001 but it is under good control with tablets . FBS is normally around 80 only . But on some days I feel burning sensation in my feet . What may be the cause and whether any medical treatment is needed ?

Hi there I understand your concern...your symptoms are due to diabetic neuropathy...more than half people with diabetes develop these kind of symptoms...this is mainly due to insufficient blood supply to the peripheral nerves due to microvascular complications secondary to diabetes...other possible causes are chronic alcohol consumption,vitamin b12 deficiency,certain autoimmune diseases...consult nearest physician they will do the needful.