Bulging Disk

Hi Dr. I had severe back ache for sometime and my college physician advised an MRI. The report shows multiple building discs in my back. As a child, I was a steroids for many years because I had dermatitis. This was acquire at birth. Can you advise what I need to do? I am in college and I do not want to come to Mumbai unless you say it necessary. I can send my reports via my mother for a consultation

Doctor Answers (6) on Bulging Disk

Dr. Chirag Dalal Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
Hi. Disc bulge is fine. Should not give you so much trouble. Considering history of steroids you may be suffering with severe osteoporosis. Get dexa scan done.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Extension exercises x 15 times x twice daily. Bhujang asana. Core strengthening exercises. Back stretching stretch. Do the cat/cow avoid bending in front. Postural correction- sit tall, walk tall. Apply hot fomentation.
your MRI suggest multiple disc issues and along with that several other issues are also there A personal assessment will be always best option to optimize the time and definitely you should be fine after few sessions of treatment! And for now it is suggestive avoid bending forward, riding for longer distances, and take good amount of water more than 2-3lts at the end of day!
Dr. Raghav Sunil Hyderabad | Spine Surgeon
We need to clinically examine you and determine the exact cause of pain.
Can't Base the treatment on MRI alone.We can do discography to confirm the disc level causing the pain and treat it.
We need to do Clinical Examination to know the extent of compression
Dr. Rishee Patel Anand | Physiotherapist
As per MRI you require back exercises for which a physiotherapist can guide you.

You can do Bhujangasan(back bending yoga) which helps in maintaining disc in their space as well strengthen back muscles.
Take precautions while forward bending.