cancer-icon

Breast lumps

Dear Doc, have been feeling slight sensation of lumps in my breast i am too scared since my dad was suffering cancer (transitional cell carcinoma) , and want to know if there is anything which can pass on to generation. The lumps are not painful and its invisible and can only feel it when touched. I had consulted a doc and she told me for my age (25) chances are very less. however need your suggestion as to how to go about this. Do i need to check this ? if yes, were and what tests are required. please help!

Doctor Answers (2) on Breast lumps

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Breast lumps need not always be cancer. Does you breast lumps have any relation to the onset of your periods? Do you experience any pain during periods? See this case needs to be examined, at your age it could just be a fibroadenoma of the breast which can be easily removed. Consult a general surgeon in person for further examination and treatment. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Sandeep Nayak Bangalore | Surgical Oncologist
Dear madam, Any breast lump has to be investigated completely. Even though the likelihood of it being cancer is very low, we need to confirm it. This involves triple examination: doctors examination, scan of breast and needle biopsy. The cancer that your father had is not directly linked to breast cancer. So, I would not consider a genetic link. Please visit a surgeon or surgical oncologist for further workup.