cancer-icon

Breast cancer

My mother hv breast cancer problem since 2013 . Her chemotharepy is done . But doctors refused to do surgery . So if there is any other treatment of this pls inform me. Its urgnt. She suddnly became down and down.. the current condition is she eats nothing n does not utter a singl word. Kindly help. Varda

Doctor Answers (1) on Breast cancer

Dr. Hitendra Patil Mumbai | Surgical Oncologist
I can understand your concern. Is she having metastatic disease ie breast cancer disseminated out of breast. If so the prognosis is poor. As your doctors told NO for surgery, means it could be metastatic. In such case, if patients general condition is very good and the tumor has or likely to have burst out, bleeding, fungating then surgery is OK with palliative intent. Else the primary mode in metastatic breast cancer is chemotherapy, if pt can tolerate else hormone therapy depending on Hormone receptor status.

Hope I answer your query. You may mail me her reports and I can check it out and reply