cardiologist-icon
Bradycardia
My husband gets his entire body checkup done once a year at office.. This year report says that his heart bate is 54 per minute.. I'm worried.. What could be the cause for this.. His height is 6ft and weight is 84kg.. Could you please help doctors..

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
Cardiologist 5 yrs exp Noida

If you are physically very active resting heart rate can be low Well trained athletes have heart rates in 40s Please send the ECG so that I can check it for any abnormalities Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist

Hello.... If you are athlete naturally you will have less heart beat that's called athletes bradycardia... Hypertension, carditis, electrolyte imbalance, and some medications can cause bradycardia... Get ecg and Echo and consult general physician or cardiologist.....