Braces for teeth at 26

Hello! My lower set of teeth are not properly aligned and I would like to know if I can get braces at this point of age. What is the minimum number of months it needs to be worn? Are there any effects having them so late? What is the approximate cost for the same.

Doctor Answers (3) on Braces for teeth at 26

Dr. Anish Goyal Gurgaon | Prosthodontist
Hi, braces can be done at this age but the time period varies. No side effects at this age only thing is esthetics if you want to go for metal braces. You can choose ceramic or clear braces. Cost can be calculated only if we examine and take radiograph to examine tooth and bone status. Please visit a dentist for exact treatment plan and cost. Take care..
Dr. Lakshmi Roopesh Bangalore | Dental Surgeon
Dental technology has advanced so drastically that there is no age bar for anything now.  Any kind of fixed braces has to be worn for min. 6-9 months. Treatment duration depends on the amount of correction or movement of teeth planned. During the orthodontic treatment if the oral hygiene is maintained properly then there is absolutely no side effects.
Age is not the criteria for braces treatment. One can get braces at any age without any ill effects. It takes approximately 1 year to complete. But actual time and cost can be decided after clinical examination.