Bone weakness

I have been diagnosed with vitamin b12 and D deficiency due to which my bones have become weak. I have started treatment for the same. I'm very good at yoga. But now I'm afraid to do yoga fearing I'll be more prone to injury cause of my condition. So is it advisable for me to continue yoga ?

Doctor Answers (2) on Bone weakness

Dr. Raviraj Francis Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hello there,,,i saw your reports dont worry many females have calcium and B12 deficiency... first and foremost you should try and see if your diet has essential calcium and B12(very essential for nerve health) enriched food....calcium is mostly found in milk and dairy products...but if you are a vegetarian then B12 is hard to get through food...but dont worry there are various supplements providing B12 in form of capsules/tablets and also calcium combine..... i would recommend you have these supplement for 3 months once a day (cannot give you name of the brand on public forum)...try to avoid approximate positions of the joints,,,,, swimming,cycling and Aqua therapy are the best for you till you get back your B12 n calcium levels.

Regards & take care.

Dr. Ram (PT) Chennai | Clinical Physiotherapist
As a Physiotherapist I would recommend yoga, as it does not involve weight bearing. Mild to moderate stretching exercise within pain tolerable limit should not be a problem. Consulting orthopedic before any weight bearing exercise and regularly checking bone density will prevent any complications.