Boils on left inner thigh
I have boils on left leg in inner thigh portion since 4--5 days with mild pain and stiffness in this area. Please suggest what to do to cure this. I have consulted one of the physician and he recommended Augumentin-625 three times a day along with flexion when I feel strong pain which I have taken since last Friday. I have some relief but not complete relief. Please advise.

Dr. Satish Kumar Gadi (Lt Col)
General Physician 40 yrs exp Gurgaon

You may continue to take the antibiotic which has been prescribed for about five to seven days. In the mean time get your blood sugar level checked for fasting and PP.This may be due to diabetes as well. Avoid high sugar intake and high carbohydrate diet. Diabetes should be ruled out. It will be better if you can consult your doctor for further treatment. Wishing you a rapid recovery.
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. You can continue oral antibiotics(augmentin) and oral analgesics (flexon). But what are you applying topically over the boils. Apply a topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin or fusidic acid, twice daily till the lesions heal. If there's no improvement in 1 week, consult a dermatologist for further evaluation.