Body pain while playing

I have been gaining a lot of weight after my marriage and decided to Atleast try shedding off extra kilos. So started playing Badminton on weekends with friends. We play for a few hours. Whenever I try to warmup I feel a few problems 1. When I start stretches on my arms(similar to bowling action) in circular motion I hear a knock everytime on one round completion. I fear more warmup may make things worse so I stop the stretch. 2. Once I start playing and hit a few smashes, area near my elbow and forearm starts paining a lot and it becomes very difficult to play going forward until I rest for sometime. 3. I start feeling a lot of pain around my knees. I had ACL surgeries done on my left knee twice and had recovered well at the time but now it has started paining again. More of it on the other knee i.e. Right knee. Any suggestions on what I could do to improve my condition?
views-icons 43 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (4) on Body pain while playing

Dr. Priyanka Bhati Faridabad | Physiotherapist
Dear friend please start up with warm up exercise for few days than proceed to sport as sometimes because of more body weight the joints had to work more when you play sports so first you need to Prepare your body for sports.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
A good way to diffuse general body pains: 1.take a long hot bath in water in which a few cups of Epsom salts have been added. 2.If you suspect your body and pains are due to stress-get plenty of sleep and try to reduce or eliminate the cause of your stress. 3.Meditation, deep breathing and yoga.
Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Supplement and strength exercises in gradually process
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well it's quite possible that when you had ACl problem of the left kneee you would have stressed right knee which is causing problems now...I suggest you to meet an orthopaedician and get yourself examined first...you may also have to undergo x Ray or MRI if required. .thank you