Body Ache and Knee Pain

Every morning when I get up, I feel a sharp pain in my entire body. Both muscles and joints starts paining. Previously I thought it was due to workout (I go for morning walk) but then I realized the pain does not goes off and to add on for the past 6 months I am facing knee cracking pain. Whenever I am walking my knee suddenly, is locked however, I do not face any trouble in walking but this cracking sound and pain is troubling me. Is it due to over weight (I am 87 Kg’s and 5.3” women)? If so what should I do? I am l already into weight loss program. Moreover, I am having flat feet, are these things inter related? Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Body Ache and Knee Pain

Dr. Mangesh Darekar Pune | Orthopedic Surgeon
Pain in knee especially while walking can be due to a few reasons, mist commonly seen in your age group is due to weak quadriceps muscles. Giving rise to mal-tracking of the knee cap(patella). Other causes include a torn meniscus (it is a tissue inside knee joint) which comes in between the bones forming the joint and also cause locking of the joint. You need to get it examined and investigated to ascertain the exact cause, so that it can be treated accordingly.