Blood uric acid condition
My uric acid level was 8.6. I have been taking medicines consulted by a Doctor since 2 months. Now that my uric acid has reduced to 2.8, should I continue taking the medicine? It is a 3 months dose he gave but if I continue I am afraid that it might come down to 0. To add to this, from 2 days I stoppped taking the medicine and it resulted in swelling my feet again which happened when uric acid level was high. Please suggest me should I stop or continue the medicine ?

Dr. Mohit Khirbat
Nephrologist/Renal Specialist 10 yrs exp Gurgaon
You need to reduce the dose of medicine to half of original dose and continue taking it. Recheck uric acid level at regular intervals