Bloating of my tummy

Since the last 3 weeks, as soon as I eat something, tummy would get a LITTLE bit bigger (literally little bit). And I want it to be flat. Yesterday night, I took two pills of the laxative - digest fast - and it made my stomach totally flat in the morning, and my stool was good enough. Now it's again gotten big. And my I've not been able to poop THAT satisfactorily since almost a week. Is it something serious? Do I need to take certain steps? Please help me. A detailed answer would really be appreciated. :) Thank you so much..

Doctor Answers (2) on Bloating of my tummy

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...i understand your concern...try eating several small meals instead of three large ones whenever you can...Avoid foods that irritate your stomach, especially those that are spicy, acidic, fried or fatty... avoid coffee,tea etc... Avoid stress,consider calming activities, such as meditation, yoga etc...sleep with head raised position and have dinner at least 2 hours before sleep..take over pantoprazole 40 mg twice daily before food with above for 15 days....consult physician if symptoms persists.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Dear, This increase in your tummy size is happening basically because of gas formation. As soon as you eat food, gas is getting formed due to which you are getting a bloating feeling. You can follow certain steps which will reduce this. Don't over eat, drink Luke warm water after you have meals, don't sit in one place as soon as you are done eating, walk slowly atleast for 15 minutes after meals. If you feel bloating and constipated,drink Luke warm water and mix a pinch of asafoetida and salt. This will help release the gas as well as clear your bowels.