Bleeding in gums

I constantly face bleeding while brushing and sometimes while I accidently touch my teeths and swelling issue. What should I do? I have been told to get scaling done.

Doctor Answers (4) on Bleeding in gums

Perfect solution is scaling, but get that repeated every six months.
Hi.. Bleeding during brushing can be due to hard bristles brush or hard brushing or due to inflamed gums.. As you are suffering from spontaneous bleeding also that's suggestive of inflamed gums... Reason for inflamed gums are mainly plaque and calculus which can be removed with professional help known as scaling and cleaning of teeth.. As of now you can start using soft brush and warm saline rinses to reduce inflammation of gums and visit a dentist for full mouth oral prophylaxis.. Hope it will help..
Dr. Kavita Narang Gurgaon | Dental Surgeon
Bleeding in gums is sign of inflamed/ diseased gums. Most common cause of bleeding gums is tartar deposition over teeth. Scaling will remove tartar. However there are many systemic diseases and other causes of bleeding gums too. You should visit Dentist for proper oral examination to establish true cause for bleeding gums.
Bleeding gums is the symptom of developing or developed gum disease called gingivitis or in later stage periodontitis (pyorrhoea).dentist can clinically see and tell you exactly whats there in your case. Sometimes only scaling or sometime deep cleaning is required depending on situation.