Bleeding from tooth

When i brush my teeth during morning and night time i have lots of bleeding from my gums, this is there quite some years almost 5years, earlier i went to a Dentist had cleaned my tooth and doctor suggested to do a surgery to remove the tartar, but i was afraid and did'nt do this was 3years back. Please advise how to stop bleeding from my tooth by a natural way of healing without a surgery. I maintain my teeth well by brushing twice a day, Even then i have bleeding in my gums.

Doctor Answers (3) on Bleeding from tooth

Hello, The need for surgery depends on the present gum and underlyieng bone condition.Sometimes only supra gingival cleaning is not sufficient to remove all the bacteria.You may also need deep cleaning/currettage with a periodontal surgery to eliminate all the bacteria from the root surfaces as well,to completely stop the bleeding.Regards,DrSuman Makam,Dental Arts,jayanagar,Bangalore
Hi You can go for a deep gum cleaning rather than going for a surgery as you are apprehensive about it You should follow it with warm salt water rinses and regular brushing. But in case the periodontal condition is really bad then surgery is inevitable. Regards
Dr. Priti Shukla Bangalore | Dental Surgeon
Hi!! Bleeding gums is a sign of gum disease,it occurs due to poor oral hygiene and in some cases it can be genetic(despite keeping good oral hygiene you get this as you r prone for it) Treatment includes maintain good oral hygiene by brushing twice daily,flossing your teeth once daily and gud mouthwash+ every 6 month scaling and polishing( professional cleaning) which is very important,in advance stage of gum disease you might need flap surgery...which i cannot tell without seeing. T.c