Bleeding from my nose ?

Please suggest me...what I do. No pain ...but continue bleeding .. from my nose no blood pressure ...

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore
Locating the source of the nasal bleeds is important. Many arterial blood vessels converge on the nasal septum just about 1cm above the floor of the nose about 2cm from tip of nose. When the nasal mucosa is inflamed, sometimes even a slight tap or scratch caused by habitual nose picking can cause profuse nasal bleeds! The nasal septum could be deviated or having a sharp deformity called a spur. This sharp edge is also prone to bleed due to erosion of nasal mucosa leading to rupture of exposed capillary vessels. In hypertensive persons, a spike in blood pressure could lead to catastrophic bleeding into vital organs like brain, heart or lungs... To prevent such occurrences, there exists some arterio-venous malformations along floor of nose, about 6cm from tip of nose on the nasal septum which act as a pressure release valve that bleeds out.... But fortunately this is a lifesaving event! So, please use the practo app to select a good ENT Specialist near you who will examine you and identify the source of the bleed to help you out.