Black toe nails.

I play soccer a lot and have noticed a thing that, my left and right foot has black toe nail. The nail does get removed after few weeks or days, however once a new nail does grow up the same thing happens. And the cycle continues. Wanted to see if it's common or should I be taking care of something or is there any way to get rid of it. *normally in soccer we prefer tight boots, and I oly wear it while playing.

Doctor Answers (1) on Black toe nails.

Dr. Manoj Kumar Agarwala
11 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Dermatologist

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to misdiagnosis and wrong treatment with OTC medications. They make the fungal infection a permanent problem though it may provide temporary relief. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are co-prescribed many a times to treat this complicated fungal infection. If needed a simple skin test can also be done to confirm the diagnosis. Till then use only over-the-counter anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.