Black skin on neck around

Since my 10 years iam observing blak skin around my neck of course its little common., but it is now a layer thick around my neck and inner elbows.., some are saying it is reason of my weight( according to my height and weight iam excess of 20kgs than normal weight to be there) is this the actual cause ..? Can i get any solution..? Any ointments etc for my solution..! I will be soo glad if i get answer as i am feeling uncomfortable all the time because this problem Thanking you in advance

Doctor Answers (1) on Black skin on neck around

Hi greetings. Yes, people are partly correct that this is because of your weight. You mostly have acanthosis nigricans and I could confirm if you could send snaps on private follow up chat. This is a feature of hormonal imbalances and insulin resistance that occurs in association with increased weight. Please take up a strict yet nutritious diet and active fitness measures to lose weight. You could apply a topical retinoid in consultation with a dermatologist at night . warm regards.