Behvioural Problem
My son will turn 6 years old in January, 2017. He is a very intelligent child and grasps everything very quickly. However, I have been facing a lot of behavior problems with him. He is very stubborn and does not want to understand what we say. He speaks at a very high pitch and shouts out loud. He is very aggressive and tries to dominate every family member by showing his anger on us. Whatever he does at home can still be managed. As a mother, I am more concerned about his friends circle. Everyday he goes to a nearby park to play but unfortunately none of the kids wants to play with him. I really do not know the reason for that but I am really worried. Aryaman is a single child. I am not sure if that is the reason for his this behaviour. He is also very demanding. Everyday he has one or the other demand ready. Though as a mother I try not to fulfill them all. I make sure that he understands that he will not get everything that easily. Please help what can I do in this case.

Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi, I can understand you as a mom at the same time , the behaviour which you described about your son is acquired by him from someone who is close to him or who lives near your place. Check that first. 2. The more you satisfy his demands the more he is going to demand 3. Are you sure all his demands are really needy or just his wants? 4. You people all falling into his prey of demands as he is the only child. Think and do consult a Family Counsellor as Parents you both need to understand the ART of PARENTING. All the best.
Priyadarshi Srivastava
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Lucknow
He is showing signs of oppositional defiance disorder. Please consult a psychologist.