Behavioural problem

My father is retired and 64yrs of age. He always has been little short tempered but of late, his behaviour has changed dramatically. He gets agitated very quickly and tends to lose control in situations. Though he is very good natured, it is this strange temper that is causing some anxiety to us and my mother, in particular. There are no known causes for depression or any psychological setbacks, we are a happy family. Please guide us.

Doctor Answers (1) on Behavioural problem

Behaviour problems in old age might stem from either a mild stroke in the brain or dementia or a psychological problem. We need to evaluate in detail through some tests for his Brian, memory and some blood tests as well. Kindly take him to a psychiatrist. If he is not willing to come you and your mother can go and meet the psychiatrist to understand the problem better.