Behavioral Issues

Hello. I am a 27 yrs old married woman. I always had issues with my temper but recently it has reached a new level. I am getting irritated on miniscule issues. I feel like crying almost all the time n feel like being left alone. Although I portrait a very happy n strong personality on the exterior. But this issue is taking a toll on my marital life. I have developed a new issue of sleeping disorder from the past few months. Even when m tired I am finding it difficult to shut my brain off. Is it possible to get better by alternative methods like yoga etc or do I need to go for medication?
views-icons 85 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Behavioral Issues

doctor profile image
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
11 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Psychiatrist
Your description of irritability, sadness of mood, crying spells, loneliness, fatigue, sleep difficulties etc are all indicators of an ongoing depressive episode. You would require a comprehensive assessment for similar conditions, and medical causes of depression like anemia or thyroid etc. My sincere advice for you is to seek a consultation with a psychiatrist, who can assess the severity of your condition and guide you regarding need of medication or/and psychological intervention. Milder variety of depression can be managed with psychological intervention alone however need of medication can be discussed with a psychiatrist after thorough assessment. Hope this helps you..
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?