Bad Breath

My breath smells bad all the time. What's the cause? Am I consuming inadequate water? Is it because of the food that I consume?
views-icons 89 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (4) on Bad Breath

It may b due to decayed tooth or any gum inflammation. Get a session of professional cleaning and see the result.
Hi, the primary cause of bad breath is inflammation in the gums, which is caused by plaque and calculus, get scaling and polishing done, most probably your problem will be solved. Secondly you should clean your toungue. And lastly your general health is associated with bad breath too.
Bad breath can be due to plaque deposition, infection, caries, or even gastric trouble. Would advice you to go to a dentist and get teeth cleaned, as that is the most common reason for bad breath.
Hi.. .it's really unfortunate that you are suffering from Bad Breadth.... in medical terminology...its called Halitosis. There are multiple reasons for your bad Breadth. To cite a few.... it could be due to presence of some local factors like.... poor oral hygiene, Dental Caries(cavities), etc. Systemic causes include...diabetes, indigestion/constipation leading to acidity and fishy odour, insufficient water intake, starving for long periods...etc. Advise you to first consult your Dentist and eliminate local factors, if any, before consulting a physician. Hope this answers your query.