Back pain, vit. deficieny

I have had lower back pain 2 months ago. I went to doctor and got to know after tests and my vitamin D is very low (4.5) and calcium is also low 8.8. she prescribed me attached medicines and back pain went away in 2-3 days after having medicines. After taking those medicines for 2 months, I got tested again and got to know that my vitamin D has gone into toxic range (120) and calcium hasn't improved a bit. So I stopped taking all the medicines. But since then my back pain has started again. Please suggest should I start the calcium medicine again and just stop the d3 medicine? Also if taking calcium supplement (bone k2) has not improved my calcium levels in 2 months, should I change the supplement?

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  You can stop the vitamin d supplement and continue the calcium supplement once a day after food for 2 months. It will be fine. You dont need to take vit d supplements anymore as of now. Consult your orthopedician in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Prashant Kini
General Endocrinologist 11 yrs exp Mumbai
the toxic range for vit d is >150. if no relief after vit d therapy you have to consider osteoporosis. get your bmd test done. do not mix the iron and calcium therapy. iron interferes with calcium absorption.