Back pain, vit. deficieny

I have had lower back pain 2 months ago. I went to doctor and got to know after tests and my vitamin D is very low (4.5) and calcium is also low 8.8. she prescribed me attached medicines and back pain went away in 2-3 days after having medicines. After taking those medicines for 2 months, I got tested again and got to know that my vitamin D has gone into toxic range (120) and calcium hasn't improved a bit. So I stopped taking all the medicines. But since then my back pain has started again. Please suggest should I start the calcium medicine again and just stop the d3 medicine? Also if taking calcium supplement (bone k2) has not improved my calcium levels in 2 months, should I change the supplement?

Doctor Answers (2) on Back pain, vit. deficieny

Dr. Prashant Kini Mumbai | General Endocrinologist
the toxic range for vit d is >150. if no relief after vit d therapy you have to consider osteoporosis. get your bmd test done. do not mix the iron and calcium therapy. iron interferes with calcium absorption.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
You can stop the vitamin d supplement and continue the calcium supplement once a day after food for 2 months.
It will be fine.
You dont need to take vit d supplements anymore as of now.
Consult your orthopedician in person for further evaluation and management. 
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.