Back pain at left side.
What are key symptoms of kidney disease? I am having numb back pain in muscles since a month shall I see a nephro? Is it something to worry about or simply muscle pull. Please help !!

Hello there we undertsand your curiosity for your health. There are cardinal symptoms of kidney conditions such as dull continuous abdominal pain, burning sensation while urination, discoloration if urine with yellow or reddish colour and the pain wouoe be excruciating sometimes which is on amd off kind and would radiate from loin to groin and also there would be one sided. Just reassure and decide for yourself. Thank you
Dr. Sameer Sahay
General Physician 9 yrs exp Pune

I think first we need to get one thing clear. You have back pain. That is your trouble. It can have many causes. Unfortunately google search or hearsay has made you fearful about kidney disease. Very very rarely does kidney disease present as back pain. Pls see an MD Medicine, Rheumatologist or an orthopedic surgeon for your backache. Let the doctor decide if this is from the spine, muscle, disc, intestine, pancreas, kidney or whatever based on your history etc. It will save you a lot of anxiety.