Aversion to studies

My addiction is not drugs or anything like that but I just keep running away from studying. It's either romance books or its Web dramas. I need to find a solutions. I can't runway from studies as it's important for my future. How much ever I self console myself I just can't get myself to go near it. I even thought that studying even for 5mins will break the aversion and I can continue. But I only end up never returning for 2 to 3 weeks at a stretch when again I'll start feeling guilty and remorseful. There's no end to the self counselings but I only end up binging even harder on books or dramas. During those periods I don't feel any remove or guilt. Then when I feel them it's another round of binging it's an endless cycle. I am very hard on myself and expect perfectionism. There no sense of satisfaction for me unless it's the best of what I expected. When Someone once told me that I wasn't interested in helping myself and only finding excusea to escape it broke me but I must live well.

Doctor Answers (1) on Aversion to studies

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I don't think there is a problem. I was always interested in reading and knowing more about the human body so I took this up. I would also suggest the same thing to you. Proceed in the direction in which you are interested. Studies and marks/report card is not everything. Talk to your folks, tell them what you are interested in. I would also encourage you to write something of your own. I would love to read it. All the best. Regards