Anxity Neurosis or ?

Hello Doctor, Since last 6 months i am having frequent Muscle pain in my body specially left side (hand, arm, biceps, chest, leg) The muscle pain comes and goes. Sometimes chest fullness, sometimes neck pain. This causes irritation and fear for life. This also increases stress and affects day to day life. Loss of focus on work and personal life. It becomes difficult to pursue any hobby as well since these signals from body keep my mind anxious. I tried couple of Psychiatrist and Cardio and Neurologist to diagnosis the actual cause. However nothing could fix these problems. I am also skeptical on using medication from Psychiatrist as i feel i will get addicted. Kindly help to understand these symptoms and guide Thanks

Doctor Answers (3) on Anxity Neurosis or ?

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
What was the diagnosis  after the psychiatric assessment??
This seems to be psychosomatic. Hence there could be some issue which is not handled or resolved in your life.
Maybe if you could consult a Psychological Counsellor in your city you might get a clarity.
Dr. Sonia Malhotra Pune | Psychiatrist
Dear sir,
Thankyou for sharing your feeling of getting addicted to psychiatric medicines here, so it gives me a chance to bust an important myth. Psychiatric medications when taken under supervision do not cause addiction. It is the over-the-counter, unsupervised use of medicines like sleeping pills that causes addictions. It is always good to meet a specialist and get yourself diagnosed. You may be suffering from a mix of anxiety and psychosomatic disorder. Such problems respond very slowly to treatment and take their pwn sweet time. So please meet a psychiatrist again and keep patience with the advised treatment. You will do well..!
Dr. Suleman Virani Nagpur | Psychiatrist
I understand your Consern. Body n mind are linked by various mechanisms. Any pain could be physical or psychological. After ruling out all physical diagnosis, the last is psychological. If it's so, it needs evaluation. Don't fear about the medicine part. If psychiatrist has advised, that would be for few weeks to few months. Learn from him other techniques how to reduce anxiety. There are various techniques like muscle relaxation, mind relaxation, biofeedback. Depending on the case, we advise the technique and home work. So cheer up and go ahead.