Anxiety, panic

Hi! I think i am experiencing mental anxiety for quite some time now., i am having problems like - lump in throat, tiredness, stress, and headache. the problem is that a person started acting weirdly with me, treading a thin line between flirtation and being a concerned human being. he would ignore my messages deliberately for days, then suddenly start texting me. i had doubts that he liked me but since he was my senior I dare not ask him for 2 months. Then I confessed my feelings to him at the deliberation of my friends and he kept me on hold for 2 more months till i decided to give up because he won't clarify. he is basically given to cheating in relationships and flirtation. my friends find it acceptable according to the new modern ethos and they feel i am conservative. whenever they bring up his name, and talk about casual hookups being the norm, i feel cheated since they don't know the trauma i've been through, that he manipulated me psychologically. what do i do?

Doctor Answers (2) on Anxiety, panic

Megha Sarin Delhi | Clinical Psychologist
It's quite natural to feel this way, and I can completely understand your current state of mind. The good thing is you got to know about his reality well in advance. And I am sure you are a strong girl, and you will be able to deal with all this with some support of a Psychologist. A psychologist will be able to help you look at things from a neutral perspective and would help you cope with your current stressors in a better manner. So I recommend you take a few counselling sessions and all will be fine. If need be your psychologist may even refer you to a psychiatrist. Don't worry you will be fine. You can contact me for further assistance.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hello my friend...just remember "Broken heart and shattered dreams are key mentors for weaving a glorious destiny."...Consult nearest psychiatrist as you require detailed counseling session and you may require medications to solve your problems as many things can't be discussed in forum like this...With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..good luck