Anxiety Induced HTN

Hi, Recently I got a Panic attack, I started getting heart palpitation. I visited Cardiologist and he told me I have hypertension. I never had hypertension before. This is anxiety induced HTN. Cardiologist gave me HTN medication Olmezest H 20. BP is controlled but I am still having below symptoms. 1. Headache 2. Dizziness 3. Tinnitus 4. Feeling of lump in throat 5. Feeling of confusion and forgetfulness. I also checked with ENT and doctor said I have moderate DNS and possibly TMJ disorder. He gave me some antibiotic for that and a cream to apply behind ears. Please let me know what is the possible cause of these symptoms. How can I get rid of these symptoms? Thanks

Doctor Answers (2) on Anxiety Induced HTN

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
To identify the reason or your panic attacks and to sort it out I would suggest  you to consult a psychologist in your place and learn to how to handle by yourself even after you encounter later in your life.
Dr. Survesh Kumar Laxman Halakatti Udupi | Addiction Psychiatrist
Hi , if you are having symptoms like palpitation, lightheadedness, tingling sensation around mouth, feeling of loss of strength in your legs and arms lasting for a minute to twenty minutes which comes back to normal after that you could be having Panic attacks which could be stress induced . Check your blood pressure in your normal state after 20 minutes of rest with a gap of one week between two measurements . On both these occasions if your BP is on higher side then you will have to continue with antihypertensive medication . But if your blood pressure is >150/110 then you will be started on antihypertensive medication. The symptoms expressed by you are symptoms of continuing anxiety . Stop searching for the causes of each of those symptoms on internet as each one can have a number of causes and this might further increase your anxiety .Please consult a Psychiatrist for evaluation and treatment of anxiety .