Anxiety and hypertension

When I get anxious my pulse increases by 15-20 bpm and BP shoots to 150-155/85-90. But when I am normal I have bp around 135/80 . These results are based on one year data. All tests like blood ,ecg etc are normal. Doc says no need to go for bp meds. He prescribed alprazolam 0.25 mg for days I get stressed out.however I found that it is addictive in nature and there can b severe withdrawal effects . Also I have white coat hypertension whenever I go to doctor my heart beat raises and bp touching 160/90 however after reaching home it becomes 135/80 generally. I am really confused and worried. Pls help.

Dr. B Rajashekar

hello this is panic attacks or acute anxiety do take non addicting anxiolytics under care of physician and decide bye

Hello there..... Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is the most effective form of psychotherapy for anxiety disorders. Generally a short-term treatment, CBT focuses on teaching you specific skills to improve your symptoms and gradually return to the activities you've avoided because of anxiety...... Consult Psychiatrist.....