Antibiotics

Hi Sir, my appointment for wisdom tooth removal is scheduled for Friday night. and my dentist said to have antibiotics from tomorrow morning. problem is that I am feeling feverish from yesterday and took sumo cold and lcz montelukast when sumo cold was not available. these days the issue of dengue chikungunya is surmounting .. fo you suggest taking antibiotics???

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Yes its a normal peocedure to be followed as a prophylaxis. You do as your doctor has directed you and take the medicines suggested by him. You can take tab. Paracetamol 650 thrice a day after food for fever and not lcz montelukast.  Consult him in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 11 yrs exp Delhi

Definitely you need antibiotics course before initiation of dental procedure as prophylaxis and especially that you are getting fever, could be due to dental infection in this case
Dr. Raman Kumar
General Physician 17 yrs exp Delhi
There is no problem in taking antibiotics but it is advisable to defer tooth extraction till your fever comes down.