Ankle sprain

I fell down and got leg sprain 4 weeks ago. Earlier was swollen a lot and I had pain also in walking. Now seeking is reduced is only around ankle and I am and to walk properly also. But the swelling is not gone completely and whenever i walk more it is getting increased. When it will be healed completely.

Doctor Answers (5) on Ankle sprain

Dr. Deepak Tamrakar (PT) Raipur | Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Ice is best to reducec swelling. Do presser masage by ice over painful area. This will start reduce your pain. Then do strengthing exercise.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Stretch Calves Get a custom made insole. Hams Stretching. Sports Taping. Hot Fomentation.
Dr. Rashmi Sharma Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hello, It appears to me a ligament tear grade 2 ,kindly consult a physiotherapist for further treatment protocol .
Dr. R Murali Coimbatore | Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Greetings. Sorry about your inability to walk. 

As a standard rule, after sprain of ankle for 4-6 weeks (grade dependent) walking is not advised which is actually to help in healing. But if I am right you tried walking very early and hence the swelling.

Give it rest. Ice for 5 min twice a day and avoid walking (avoid weight bearing on sprained ankle) and have foot elevated. Do these for a week and let me know the status.

Wishing you a quick recovery.

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... I went through your query..... I can understand your concern..... Recovery time depends upon the severity of the ankle sprain and possible accompanying injuries. Exercises should be started to maintain flexibility and strength when the swelling has resolved.... Consult your orthopedician for further advice.....