Ankle sprain
About 2 months ago, I had twisted my left ankle while playing football, it was pretty bad, was swollen for 15-20 days and could hardly walk, X-rays didn't show any sign of hairline or fracture.. now it's fine, I can run too, but not for long, it still hurts and I can see little swelling too around the ankle bone. My question is do such injuries require this long to heal? It's been 2 months now. Or should I see the doctor again rather than applying iodex gel every night?

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

Consult orthopaedician. Yes,this kind of injuries take long time to heal.
Hello there..... Get plenty of rest and not putting weight on your ankle.... Weara brace to support your ankle....Use crutches, if needed.....Elevating your foot with pillows while resting or sleeping. This will help reduce swelling..... mild sprains, this may take a week to 10 days, while more severe sprains may take up to several weeks to heal.