Ankle fracture post treat

I hd ankle fracture on the month of september. It was a crack-left leg lower end, used a cast fr my leg-3 weeks+rest. Every now n then, i get lill pain and small swelling. I do some workout which invlolves jumping. I visited an ortho n took xray. he said its a non-joint. no physio needed.any specific sugstn fr btr cure

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for asking me to respond. If it indeed was a fracture it should have healed by this time. If you have persistent pain even after 6 months the reason could be something else. For one a stiff ankle accompanied by weak muscles could cause pain in the joint. This can be overcome by visiting a good physio who could put you on a program to recover from the stiffness. In the other hand a hidden cartilage or ligament injury that has not adequately healed could also cause persistent pain. Both of these injuries are not easily detected on a pain xray. You may need to visit an ortho surgeon who can examine the ankle and order an MRI scan to detect such injuries. My suggestion would be to undergo a good physio program first. If pain or stiffness persists then you can have an MRI to file or these injuries. Good luck!
Physiotherapist
Dear gentleman. Greetings, as a matter of fact the issue might be different from what you have been updated. Visiting. Physical therapist would be the best option.