Am I going crazy?

Doctor, for the past 4 months, ever since I came back from abroad, I had been feeling extremely detached from my surroundings and people. Being a hypochondriac, I thought I had a severe mental illness. I also felt completely depressed. Having googled so much, for the past one week, I get the feeling I am possibly going crazy. I dont hear voices as such, but whenever I hear anyone say anything that sounds similar to my name, I think its my name. Everyone says this is normal though. I also get startled by noises and voices of people, thinking I am having hallucinations. I doubt whatever I see, thinking its a hallucination. I also tend to see patterns in normal things, and I tend to overthink a lot. Prior to this, I have been having sleep problems, and cannot sleep more than 5 hours at a stretch. What should I do? Am I going crazy?

Doctor Answers (4) on Am I going crazy?

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
What sort of contentment it gives when u stress that u r hypochondriac? ??

Are u looking for a mask or shield for you so that keeps u safe and secure of ur real personality? ??!!!!

There is a real world outside but small world which u believe.  Do approach an expert like Psychologist or a counsellor and have clarity to resolve this current issue.

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
The symptoms you have explained clearly says that you are going through depressive episodes. It might be anxiety also. It is curable. Sleep well. Follow healthy diet pattern. Regular exercise. Practice any kind of relaxation techniques. Go for yoga and meditation.
Any further help, please feel free to contact me.
Wishes
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello,
Persons with hypochondriasis tend to misinterpret internal bodily signals as signs of physical illness. In your case you are tending to read too much or rather misread neutral stimuli around you. Google or the internet can be misleading or erroneous if read without proper context. My strong suggestion for you is to seek a psychiatric consultation to understand your mental health and psyche. The doctor should be able to help you get a better understanding of your symptoms.
Hope this helps you.. Best of wishes and luck for your health...
Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Neuropsychiatrist
Hello  . First of all don't google.
And no, you are not having hallucinations.  Startle response is common in anxiety. You need proper evaluation and diagnosis. To me it seems like a less severe psychiatric problem which is fully treatable. Give yourself some time. Visit a psychiatrist . Some pills may do wonders as well as some counselling.Change of place may be a factor for your symptoms.
And about your fear of going crazy ....You are not going crazy. So chill..