Alopecia areata
I am suffering from alopecia areta,so here it is how started: At first i had a single white patch on face at that time i don't about what it is so i ignored it...after few months white patch covered my whole beard..used candid TV suspension and terbimax to stop it...and yes it stopped perfectly,but i never got new hair on jaw.After this i got infected by alopecia areta ...a big patch on my just above the forehead and back of my head.So i had changed doctor too much till date haven't satisfied by any.currently i am using monoxidil 5%]mintop forte].After 4,5 months i got hair on beard but only one side and the patch on my back of my head increase day by day.currently i have taken 1 shot of steroid injection...but i can't say i see any new change.plz help me suggest me what to do?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. This is a common condition, and probably indicates a disturbed immune system. You have a  condition called alopecia areata, if there are well. Treatment is simple and has different approaches. You need to discuss with a dermatologist to understand it at length. Skin is the mirror of internal health and to get a perfect skin you need to treat both ways - internally and externally. A healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results. Injection therapy has to be done once in 3 weeks time for 2-3 sessions.