Alopecia Areata beard

Developed a patch with no hair near my neck(beard area). Its a semi circle patch where my beard hair has gone completely and its just a skin showing. After shaving it does not look weird but when I have beard it shows a patch of hair loss. Do I take some cream and apply, or talk to dermatologist or follow some specific diet(PALEO), please suggest as this happen to me first time , no symptoms before. Developed this 2 weeks back. Pic attached.

Doctor Answers (1) on Alopecia Areata beard

Thanks for the query. This is a common condition, and probably indicates a disturbed immune system. You may be having a condition called alopecia areata as there is a well defined patches of hair loss. Other diagnosis may also be possible and can be ascertained while consulting. However, this is the diagnosis most of the times. Recurrences can be fixed by identifying the triggers.
Treatment is simple and has different approaches. You need to discuss with a dermatologist to understand it at length.
Skin is the mirror of internal health and to get a perfect skin you need to treat both ways - internally and externally. A healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results